Five Signs of Mice in your attic "Wee jemmy"
- Rodent holes, in the attic space(Insulation) you can often see signs of infestation, look for small entry holes rounded in shape in the insulation. the size of hole’s vary but roughly about 2″ diameter (Pictures below at the end of the page)
- Droppings, Mice droppings are black in colour, a easy way to determine between mice and rat droppings is an old saying. “Mice, Rice, Rats, Rasins” This is in reference to the size of the droppings. If you place mice droppings in between your fingers and roll them they should not break up or crumble. Bat droppings are very similar to mice droppings and crumble under pressure due to the insects they have eaten being left over in there droppings.
- Noise’s, Mice are often more noticeable at night when you are lying in bed. The house is silent, and then the scurrying/scratching starts. you will mostly hear them moving under the attic insulation on top of the plaster board above your head or digging out there nest. This is also inline with mice being nocturnal animals.
- Smells, Large infestation of rodents carry with them a deep musky smell, The possibility of dead rodents in the attic space can also cause bad odours to occur. The possibility of blue bottles is also a sign to look for.
- Destruction of property, mice incisors never stop growing they have one set of teeth and there for they need to gnaw on materials to shave them down and keep them a reasonable size. Signs to look for are pipe insulation chewed, cardboard storage boxes, plastic bags to name a few things in your attic space.
Pest control services available in Dundee, Angus, Fife, Edinburgh, Central belt, Aberdeen. For any more information or querys regarding mice in your home phone one of or technicians for some free advice.
Insect, Rodent and Bird pest control services in Dundee
Wasp Nest Removal isn’t a homeowner’s job. Removing wasps is for professionals
Bird Control and Pigeon Control in Dundee at affordable Prices. Check our bird control services
Moles create tunnels under your lawn, causing serious damage to landscaping. We remove moles
Call in the professionals at Global Pest Control to eliminate fleas. Do you have a flea problem?
A rabbit can cause damage both in your yard as well as in your property. Global pest control rabbit control services
Rats are suspicious, and instinctively know if you’re out to remove them. We have treatements to get rid of Rats
Foxes can look very cute but are also very dangerous. Global pest control offers Fox trapping and Fox removal services
Problems with pigeons on your solar panels? Are the roasting or nesting on your property? Check our Pigeon proofing services